It’s Mental Health Awareness Week and I’ve been speaking at a couple of events over the past weekend about my recent wake up call in regards to wellbeing. I am a recovering overachiever 😂. I laugh, but in all seriousness I fell very unwell with Chronic Fatigue early last year due to overworking and stress. It took over a year for me to get back to myself. A lot of things in personal life contributed but I didn’t notice that I was doing too much until my body completely shut down 😞 Five Fixes that helped me back to mental and physical health:
1. Talk it out – and surround yourself with positive and prayerful (prayer is sooooo key) friends, literally don’t know what I would do without my friends and family. Also, the NHS provide a free Talking Therapy Service for 8 weeks which I really benefited from too.
2. Eat food that is good for you – I took a 6month break from caffeine and actually had my 5-a-day 🍎🍐🍋🍓🍇and I felt SO MUCH BETTER.
3. Digital Detox 📱- I’m not just talking about social media. I mean technology in general – I felt I was always occupied with Netflix, emails or WhatsApp and was never giving my brain time to breathe. Read a book or take a walk – without your phone 👀
4. Exercise – when your body feels tired – the last thing you want to do is exercise but findings show that exercise acts directly on the central nervous system to boost energy and reduce fatigue.
5. Vitamins – iron and vitamin deficiency can contribute to feeling low, tired and achy – I recommend getting regular blood tests to see if you are deficient in any key vitamins.